Thursday, November 9, 2017

Quitting Day 209 (A Dreamer's Curse)

I recently wrote a line in a poem that really sticks out "Life without limits will leave you limited". The reason this sticks out is that I'm an idealist and I often do not see limits. This is a blessing and a curse. The blessing is I can dream big, really big. The issue is I often find myself dreaming so much that I'm not paying attention to what I need now. My whole life has always seemed like success and everything I need is simply waiting around the corner and I need to find a way to make ends meet until I turn that corner to my new life.

We see a brilliant beautiful future and we are unable to look away. As many call it the default world we live in is depressing. We've tasted or seen a vision of what this world could be and it sucks all ambition to work. You spend your hours, days and weeks trying to figure out how to bring this vision into reality.You find purpose, but you lose the will to survive the daily grind. I can see why so many dreamers become homeless and babbling men on street corners.

I've never been good at balance and this is causing a stress in my life that may break between my current needs and my dreams. On one side are my boys that need a home, food, clothing entertainment and education. On the other are my spirit, passion, heart and light. I feel this war will end and either way, I lose.

Now is the time. The pressure is building. I'm on the tightrope and I'm going to fall. I don't know which side to fall on and I don't know if I have control over which.

I love you all 

Photo Credit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive