Monday, April 17, 2017

I Don't Need You







I Don't Need You


I don't need you here
You don't need to care
I don't need your soft lips
or the feel of your finger tips

I don't need you when I wake
To help my heart ache
I don't need to think of you
To care for you through and through 

I don't need your love
to grab me and take a hold of
I don't need you in my arms
to silence these alarms

I don't need you to feel me in the dark
or light my world with a marvelous spark
I don't need you when I cry
or when I let out an exhausted sigh 

I don't need you to look into my soul
to calm my worries to pull me from this hole
I don't need your stunning body
or for you to be my buddy

I don't need to watch you dance
to share years of romance
I don't need you to talk with me
to understand and to see

I don't need to love you
or for you to love me too 
I don't need to have my breath stolen
or to be the guy you've chosen

You see I don't need you
But damn if I don't want you
I want you in the morning 
to kiss me goodbye and send me soaring 

I want to see those eyes on me
to have those arms wrapped around me
I don't want you to be obligate 
But I want a love that won't become faded

I simply want you
and I want you to want me too

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive