Friday, June 23, 2017

Quitting Day 74 (I Need a Hug)

2m 14d 2h

If you have ever met me you know I'm a hugger. I take pride in each and every hug. The bigger guys are the best. I squat down wrap my arms around them. Pull them into me tight and lift. Every time you lift a 300 plus person they giggle with happiness. You see this never happens for them. They get to feel like a child once more. I absolutely love it and if I hug and lift lots of people it's an amazing workout. Double win!!! The benefits of hugging are immense see below:

The Health Benefits of Hugging

10 Reasons Why We Need at Least 8 Hugs a Day 

10 Science-Based Health Benefits of Hugging

We don't need science or anyone to tell us that hugging is good for us. Simply listen to your body and feel your emotions. Hugs make everything better. I know it may seem awkward and strange but you really should hug for 20 seconds. I promise you it's worth it. We all realise to quickly as not to give the other person the wrong impression or because it is awkward, but after the 20 seconds you will feel your hugging partner's and your body release tension. You will notice your breathing changes to a calm rate. We are all suffering from the affliction called life. We are all in constant pain. We are always lost in our heads. Thinking about how we messed up, what to do next, how are we going to pay the bills, does Suzy like me, does John even know I'm alive, so on and so on. We rarely stop to fully appreciate that another human being is right there in front of us and better yet they are wrapping their arms around us to show us love. Why do we let it go so quickly. These are moments of love. When someone hugs you they have nothing to gain from the exchange. There is no motive to their hug. I want you to pay attention next time you hug someone. silence your mind, feel the warmth of them inside your arms. Squeeze a little and feel their fragile soft skin. This is a moment of love. A love that we all need and desire. The love without motivation. A love that can save all of humanity. Now spread your arms. I'm coming in. Don't be alarmed when I hold on too long and whisper Thich Nhat Hanh's hugging meditation. "My precious one is in my arms. My precious one is alive"
Because you are precious at this moment when you are in my arms. I can feel you. You are alive and present. Now go hug and hug a lot. It's not going to hurt anyone and it may just save the world.

I Love You All


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive