Monday, November 6, 2017

Night Light



Night Light 

I've stepped over the proverbial edge
The whipping cold winds leaving me bare
Like a tree naked for all to see
Were those leaves me anyway

Out here my blood bleeds up blotting out the stars
My efforts work only to consume my sanity
Tears are poison injected into my eyes
Nutrient-rich food spews from my mouth

My heart unable to accept love
My mind unable to accept fate
My body unable to accept defeat
My spirit unable to accept death

Comfort, a distant memory now turned idea
Purpose, a never-ending journey
Life, a torturing smothering blanket of needles
Enlightenment, waves growing stronger to drown my ambitions

The choice of sanity or mediocrity
To assimilate or to explode
To sleep standing up or to run
To bleed or to vomit

What was numb has become numb once more
Slipping the wool over my eyes to block my sight
Only this time I know what I'm doing
Yet I'm unable to stop its progression

I slip into a waking dream
Floating on the surface of reality
Unable to move, unable to speak
Thoughts pointless and unusable

I preach about love and unity
through peace and respect
Yet I sealed my cage
To play victim does not allow rage

The blindness born from my thoughts
Leaving me powerless without control
A stick tossed into the river of life
Without a paddle to steer

Guideless with a set direction
Mindful worry no need to hurry
I've pondered the darkness to long
I now sing a lonesome solemn song

Once I glimpsed a fire, a light
I offered it up to all for their delight
It twinkled and bounced with excitement
The fire burned brightest in darkness

So I sought out the cold black hell
What I found a dark wet lonely well
I struggled to stand to swim to its surface
Swallowed my light away with my curses

Freezing numb body I'm in
Cold wet hell I bought with my sin
The sin to dream bigger and to share
How could that happen why would I dare

I search for a glint a spark a light
You see mine left me while I slept in the night
Rally the volunteers the wise and the old
We will also need those young and so bold

I'm lost and drowning in this well
This perfectly crafted self-serving hell
I fastened each brick with my hands
I drilled this well with my arrogant demands

Life without limits may leave you limited
Dreams to big may leave you useless
Change the world it changes you
Please pull me from this insanity

Oh, how I wish someone could
Another step forward toward my waiting grave
I hope there I'll rest be less of a slave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive