Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Farewell Underground

It saddens me to say this, but I need to focus. I've spent the last year and a half fumbling around and trying to carve out space for myself and define who I am exactly. I've explored the nightlife Raves, Clubs and Shows. I find a lot of pleasure there, but sadly nothing of substance. The art world is inspiring and fun, but you can't feed and cloth your children on inspiration. Writing feeds the soul, but alas not the body. What I truly want and what I've been doing have come to an impasse. I've had my fun and it's time to get sober and realize that life is not simply doing what you want all the time. I have a lot of making up to do and I need to focus on the important things in my life. My relationship with girlfriend and our children. There is no better honor than that of being called Father and that proceeds anything I can do for society and the culture of Salt Lake. The only conclusion I can come to is I need to step away from the scene and almost everything I've been working on. I need to focus on the good things in my life and one day when I've finally been able to solve the issues I face I may return and work on the bigger issues we all face and creating a better culture that is celebrated instead of frowned upon. The simplest way I can put this is with my unique talents and abilities, with my needs and desires the art world cannot afford me. I'm going to rejoin the corporate machine. I have waved the white flag and I'm submitting to the system we live in.
Thank you to all those that welcomed me into your community. I will truly miss each and every one of you. I know we will cross paths from time to time, but our interactions are going to become far less frequent. Raise your glass with me once more "To good nights and better tomorrows" With that I bid you farewell. You will always be in my heart and I hope I will be in yours.
If you are interested I have a few communities and shows I'm looking for someone to take the lead on. Message me privately and let's work out the details.

I Love You All


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive