Thursday, July 6, 2017

I Will Let You Down

photo credit: http://seniorcarecorner.com/prepare-seniors-to-stay-safe-in-a-storm

I Will Let You Down 

One day I will let you down
another day I will make you cry
but if only you could possibly
see through my eye

One of these times I will hurt you
I will make you want to run and hide
but deep down if you could
look closely inside my mind

Now I bring you pleasure desire and love
Tomorrow will you remember
Will we last through the darkness
When the storm is directed at you

Will we both grow bitter and resentful
or will we grow stronger and resilient
Does our love expire and fade
or will it always shine and remain

For now we enjoy the raise of our love
Tomorrow we may not even speak of
The past when we were both naive and foolish
Where everything seemed easy and concrete

Rest easy for now I love you deerly
Bask in the warmth of my arms
Take comfort in my lovely words
For tomorrow they may no longer be around

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive