Sunday, June 18, 2017

True Strength


True Strength

Nothing can explain that first time
When that little hand grabs your thumb
Reality comes crashing down 
You are now a father

Your life goals change in a instant
You are now responsible for a life
A new sensation bursts inside you
This is a love worth torture

Fear, anxiety, joy, trepidation and love
Mix inside you and consume you
The exhaustion is ignored and silenced
Your new mission in life feeds excitment

The boo boos you'll kiss 
The shit you'll clean
The vomit you'll pick up when you are sick
The undying love you'll receive 

All the mistakes you'll make
The harm you'll cause
The anger you'll feel
All the warm hugs you'll receive 

As a man I felt strong
That I could take on any foe 
I could face any peril
Fear was my bitch

As a father I realized it was true

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive