Friday, April 28, 2017

A Lonely Secret


A Lonely Secret

Your eyes remain closed and you, unaware
It's understandable given the cross you'd bare
It's heavy and cold made of iron and steel
To handle it takes the firmest of keel

I wish you could, I prayed you might
Open your eyes and grant me your sight
I desire you wise guidance on turned pages
Give this to me you beautiful sages

What you don't understand and what you've missed
Is my suffering from a blindness deniable kiss
Sopping from the sweat and expiration
Simply call it wet I'll find exultation

We all melt in this fiery like of agony
Simply open your mouth and we will be as Antigone
Your denial, refusal and rejection
To look a bit deeper to allow further inspection

You may feel it better simply unknowing
The anxiety and fear is from that secret your holding
It drives you body to a unsafe destination
Kicking you into a stranded insolation

Your attempt to bathe yourself in light
Leaves me in the blackness unable fight
Accepting the intolerable
Would give us power undeniable

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive