Saturday, July 8, 2017

The Farmers Market


The Farmers Market

As I sit on the fragile cracks
Between reality and fantasy
Where a homeless penniless man
Is more saintly than a priest

Cultures destroyed in the name
of organic grass feed kambocha 
Seeking out validation of a duplication 
Through the note in your wallet

Nothing original resides in this space
I find another just like it if I about face
We speak of movements of love
As we stand where some sleep

These unwanted undesired 
shooed from the feast 
What you seek to find 
Will not be found in this booth

Simply cross the street 
discover the truth
Take in a breath of the 
filth they polished and cleaned 

Let's speak again of your movement 
for animals for dogs for homeless unseen
Oil my bread to move all my cogs 
Fill my heart to raid my pocket

What's this here a crystal turned locket
I'll buy your wood bowl 
your rings made of spoons 
Show me something new 
and you'll depart with my heart


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive