Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Quitting Day 40 ($$$$$)

2m 10d 22h

I have a friend or associate more or less. We have a love hate relationship. You see everyone wants my friend. They want her so much that they are willing to do despicable things to obtain her. They will cheat friends, hurt strangers, allow children to starve in order to get a piece of her. Sadly I want her too. I want to feel her on my finger tips. Often I say I hate her because of the things others do to get her. She is capable of doing so much good. She has the capacity to get you any resource you may desire. She builds the most wonderful things. The desire for her has been known to destroy and rip families apart. Wars have been fought to keep her. Millions have died from the lust for her. Many see her as the key to fulfilling their wildest fantasies. At times my goal has been to destroy her. To break her into pieces and set her on fire. You see I use to blame all the problems of the world on her. I use to think that if she didn't exist that we would have a more loving world. This has rightfully caused her to run from me at times. Afterall who would want to be around someone who wants you destroyed. It makes sense I don't blame her anymore. She enjoys building thing. She loves bringing people together and creating unforgettable moments. She is thrilled with the idea of changing lives.

This is my cry to her to forgive me. She has done nothing wrong, but a lot of wrong has been done to have her. This is not her fault. She is a wonderful friend and when I needed her most, even though I hated her, she has been there for me. Always at the last minute she has come along to save the day. When we are hungry she has feed me and my children. She has clothed my bare back. She has made me feel loved and appreciated and all I've given her in return is blatant blind hatred. I'm sorry, my friend. I would like to thank you for the time you spent with me. You have given me everything and asked for nothing in return. I'm sorry it took me so long to realize just how kind you have been to me. I'm ashamed at the way I've treated you. Please, oh please forgive me. My door is always open for you to visit and I promise I will cherish every moment we have together.

Please join me in building a better future. Let's work together and create something that helps everyone. Let's make people feel free and alive. I could not see a better friend to do this with. I know you don't need me to change the world, but I need you and I welcome you into my life. I know you don't control me and I'm not asking for all your time, but if you could visit once in awhile and help me create this vision I have of the future I would be forever grateful.

This is my letter to Money. What is your relationship like with her? How do you view her?

I love you all

photo credit: http://www.businessinsider.com/where-drug-money-goes-2016-3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive