Sunday, July 9, 2017

Quitting Day 90 (The Film Called Life)

3m 0d 7h

Look at life as a movie you are the main character, the casting agent, the director and scriptwriter. I find myself looking at a passer by an extra in my film. I start to wonder about them. Who loves them? Who hates them? What struggles have they faced? Do they even exist? I think about their moments of triumph and failure. I begin to realize that this person that has no bearing on my life existing separately from me must have some amazing story of survival. Some heart wrenching tale that could bring anyone to tears. This mess of thoughts, emotions and complexity has their own path and for some reason they have appeared in my film as background and I background in their film.

Why do we select the actors in our film? The main characters. What sets them aside from the extras the background or the day players? Do we see something in them that we love inside ourselves? Are we that coincided? Why is it that we love who we love? Do we also choose our villains? We must. Are the villains the ones that remind us of us as well, but just the part we regret, despise or hate. Maybe it all comes down to their ability to tell their tale. Their acting and writing abilities. What they are willing to share. The vulnerability they are willing to present.

The thought that all the extras in my film have at least one incredible story to tell overwhelms me. I start to think about what their story could possibly be. I get a glimpse of them collapsing in tears. Them fighting their foe. Screaming in the bathroom mirror. Smashing the steering wheel over and over. I get a vision of them falling in love. Their breath being stolen from their lungs. I feel their heart flutter as a they become flush and red in the cheeks. I witness the pain in their heart as they say goodbye to a beloved mother. I feel their longing as a tear rolls down their cheek witnessing a love they will never know. I feel their moments of pride, success and embarrassment. What I feel the most is their power. Their tenacity to get up everyday although they will never realize their dreams. That they will live the same life over and over again. I admire their ability to get up when no one is behind them. The thankless sacrifices they make for their children. The frustration of having no control over life. Their ability to keep breathing to survive. The motivation to do whatever it takes to protect themselves and their loved ones. What lengths they will go in order to justify their actions. The pains they unknowingly inflict on others. I feel their hate. The hate and anger they have toward the random car that cut them off. I realize they are not angry at the stranger. That their wish for the stupid bitch to get hurt is truly directed at themselves.

You see you are not the main character in your story. You are the narrator and the projector. You are the audience. What you say and think about others will be the direction your film takes. We only can direct one thing in our film. We can either accept the anger and disappointment that we see in us or we can continue to spew it out all over our film. We can tell a true story of failure and survival or we can fabricate a lie that we are trying to present to extras and day players in our film. The lie, the idea we have of what life should be, of what is fair, what is right, and what should happen is fooling no one and honestly is a boring film. The film of truth is thrilling, gut wrenching, depressing, inspiring, horrible, wondrous, breathtaking  and identifiable. The only one tuning in to watch this film is you, why not make it something you'll enjoy or you can keep making a reality tv show that no one wants to watch and plays in the background as you numb away your life.

I Love You All

photo credit:
http://www.coolfbcovers.com/covers/quotes-saying-fb-covers/i-love-this-crazy-life.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive