Saturday, April 22, 2017

The Soul Remained


The Soul Remained

My body stripped and beaten
My heart shattered and broken
My mind contorted and twisted
My spirit trapped and restricted

Clothes ripped in tatters on the floor
The silhouette in the open door
Crimson flow twirls down the drain
Haunting memory of pain

Alike a snapping branch on a tree
Phantom pains of an amputee
Rose colored shards spray through the air
The void left unable to bear

Up is down, in is out
Gulp from the knowledge of self doubt
Light sucking vortex spins and manipulates
Blocked for survival of undeserved fates

Tied locked cemented in place
No understanding beyond this face
No longer happy no longer safe
Run depart ignore the chafe

The volunteer to suffer and sear
immune to scare unable to fear
Endures for brighter days
Oh but my soul remains




1 comment:

Blog Archive